Pages

8/20/13

Happily Ever After Children's Literature Festival



So after a not so profitable (but super fun) day at South Bend's Art Beat last Saturday, I've signed on to be at the Happily Ever After Children's Lit Fest this coming Sunday (August 25, 2-6 in Niles, MI). It's a fundraiser to help local families adopt children with special needs.

I really hope to adopt some day and I've seen how good it can be when families open their hearts to adoptive children, so I'm really excited to be a part of this. The tickets are $7 (kids 4 & under free) and there will be several children's authors there, children's books and children's games. I'll be donating a percentage of my sales to the cause and I'm providing a coloring page too. I'll post it on the blog afterward for people who couldn't be there. It should be a fantastic day, so if you're going to be in the area come on out!

Update: I actually won't be there, I just now realized I double booked myself, but there are still going to be lots of fun things happening and it's still a super good cause, so you should check it out!

4 comments:

  1. Awww, what a sweet sounding event! I hope it goes really well for you and the kiddos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I've realized I double booked myself for that day, so now it's not happening, which is a huge bummer :(

      Delete
  2. Good luck at the show. What a great cause!
    And your stickers are super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah! This picture is so cute and creative!
    Wish I had been able to be there to purchase these stickers cuz I'm a major sticker fan and your designs are so cute! Very original - great job!

    ReplyDelete